Colorado FOP & The National Command and Staff College are pleased to bring this nationally recognized workshop to Colorado.
BECAUSE OF THE POPULARITY OF THIS 2 DAY COURSE IT WILL BE OFFERED TWICE!
The same identical training Course will be held on July 30th and July 31st and repeated again on August 1st & August 2nd. 2 separate classes – 2 days each – register for the class date that best suits your needs. The classes begin at 08:00 AM and end at 5:00 PM each day. The class website links and tickets for registration for these two separate but same MAGNUS Leadership classes are listed below. Each page includes course and registration information including download for flyers. We have also attached the flyers at the bottom of this notification:
• First Event Offering http://commandcollege.org/event/cofop1/
• Second Event Offering http://commandcollege.org/event/cofop2/
Crisis happens. Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity and Ambiguity – VUCA (coined at the Army War College in the early 1990’s) is a sobering reality for police officers nationwide. In simple terms, VUCA is chaos. It falls on law enforcement professionals to understand it, prepare for it, and minimize the disruptive and destabilizing effects of it on self, agency and the communities they serve.
This workshop introduces “MAGNUS” as a General Leadership (Javidi, 2016) as a practical and tactical counter VUCA for enhanced officer performance, effectiveness, wellness and resiliency. MAGNUS Leadership expands the scientific application of the Theory of Things and Expectancy and Reversal Theories of Leadership activating positive brain and deep emotional intelligence. It outlines MAGNUS Leadership virtues and imperatives to ignite and/or accelerate transformational leadership mindfulness and practices to enhance officers delivering RESULTS with CONFIDENCE. The workshop utilizes motivational presentations with personal experiences leading to dynamic group discussions with simulations for enhanced learning.
Learning Objectives - Upon completing the course, each participant will:
1. Have a scientific and practical understanding of VUCA while learning the short-term and long-term effects on each Law Enforcement Officer’s Personal and Professional life.
2. Understand Theory of Things, Reversal Theory and Cognitive Science as a practical framework to counter VUCA.
3. Develop comprehensive personality, emotional intelligence and behavioral learning tools to enhance leadership capacity.
4. Identify “Ten Imperatives” that MAGNUS Leaders must exhibit in order to effectively supervise with integrity, credibility, humility and mentor-ship which creates an environment that supports both personnel and the organizational mission.
5. Increase personal wellness and resiliency.
Course Materials: Participants will receive the following:
1. Four (4) Self-Assessments
2. Study guide in workbook format during class.
3. Two (2) textbooks: Deliberate Leadership & Moral Compass for Law Enforcement
4. National Certificate of Completion from the National Command & Staff College
5. MAGNUS Leader Challenge Coin and a Nationally Certified Certificate from the National Command & Staff College and the Criminal Justice Commission for Credible Leadership Development.
CO FOP Contact: Steven Deal, Training Coordinator, Colorado FOP, email@example.com 303-426-1733
Both Class Registrations: http://commandcollege.org/event/cofop1/ and http://commandcollege.org/event/cofop2/
Available Seats: 75 Training
Location: Colorado State HQ of FOP, 8400 Alcott St, Westminster, CO 80031 303-426-1733